How Can a Knee Cap be Helpful in Relief From Knee Pain?
Knee pain problems are a common issue these days. Our knees are responsible for bearing the stress of our regular activities, and knee pain interfere with the affected person's routine. Even minor tasks such as, walking and standing up seem to become a huge burden.
However, several remedies for pain relief and pain management are available now that have made managing this issue easier. Especially, knee caps have recently become a favorite among people for their knee pain-easing properties.
Let's learn all about knee pain and knee cap for a better understanding.
What is knee pain?
The stress of each day's activity or an accident/injury may result in a ruptured ligament or a torn cartilage which may affect the soft tissue surrounding the knee or the knee joint itself.
What causes Knee Joint Pain?
Our knee joints are made up of bone, cartilage, ligaments, and fluid. A problem in any of this can cause Knee joint pain. Apart from this, other common causes are-
- Osteoarthritis- It generally happens with age in which the knee cartilage gradually wears away.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis- It causes the knee to swell, which might destroy the cartilage
- Facing injuries or disorders in Ligaments, tendons, or cartilage.
- Suffering a fall or a direct blow to the knee may cause the kneecap (the small, round bone on the front of your knee) to break.
What are the symptoms of Joint Pain?
Some of the most common signs in this condition are -
- You notice stiffness in your joints, which causes difficulty in moving. The stiffness is worse when you wake up in the morning or during cold weather.
- The inflammation within your joints causes joint redness. As the swelling increases, the redness also increases, and the area around that joint may feel warm to the touch.
- And if you have Arthritis the intensity of pain may keep on increasing or decreasing and your body joint become stiff.
- Our movements get restricted. In the case of knee arthritis, you may feel severe pain while making movements.
So, what are the solutions? Well, it is not possible to completely cure the pain it can be managed by performing some simple exercises.
Knee cap for knee pain relief?
In recent times, knee caps have become very popular. And why not, the quality and working of knee caps have been improved a lot in recent times that have made the modern-day knee caps do the best they can- helping with knee pain effectively.
Other than helping with knee pain by providing mild compression, it also helps with-
- Supports the knee region
- Keeps the knee region warm
- Helps to stabilize the knee
- Improves blood circulation in your knees
How to use a Knee cap?
Mainly, a knee cap is worn to manage knee pain and, Usually, it can be worn at any time of the day, but it is recommended to be used at times when you know the knees would be put under pressure. Apart from this, knee caps are also effective while-
- lifting anything heavy
- Walking or running
- Playing a sport
- Doing exercises such as weight-lifting or squats, etc.
Which Knee cap to choose?
There are lots of options available in the market and you can choose anything that is of the perfect fit, comfortable and economical. Dr. Ortho's knee support is one of the best knee support for arthritis pain. It is available in several sizes, catering to different body shapes and sizes.
However, if your pain continues to exist or is much more severe, then it would be better to consult a specialist or a doctor.