Everything That You Need to Know About Ortho Slippers
With our growing interest in taking care of our health and willingness to adopt new products in the market, we often find ourselves pondering how exactly they work and whether they are effective. One such product in the market that has become quite popular among people of all ages is ortho slippers.
In contemporary times, as we shop for the right pairs of slippers that will last us through the summer and beyond, we always keep a close eye on popular styles. Or in some cases, maybe we are factoring in another important feature: comfort. Luckily, we can find orthopaedic slippers that check both boxes (style and practicality). These don’t just feel right; they also ensure that they don’t wind up causing us pain.
Before we understand the advantages of using ortho slippers, let’s break down what they are.
What are ortho slippers?
These are the orthopaedically-designed slippers made by employing the science of acupressure. Now for the ones wondering what acupressure is, here is an easy definition: Acupressure is an alternative medicine technique in which physical pressure is applied to acupoints to clear blockages in the paths through which our life energy force flows. It is this life energy force that provides our bodies with the circulation of nutrients and minerals.
What are the advantages of wearing orthopaedic slippers indoors?
There are multifaceted advantages associated with regular wear of orthopaedic slippers, some of which are as follows:
- Orthopaedic slippers, with moulded footbeds and deep heel cups, support the arch and help manage mild foot discomfort. Not just that, but many common foot discomforts may also be prevented, managed, and treated with the help of these slippers. For instance, the support lessens the tension on the plantar fascia tendon in cases of plantar fasciitis.
Note: What is the plantar fascia?
It is a painful condition where the band of fibrous tissue at the bottom of our foot (called the “plantar fascia”) becomes inflamed. It is one of the most common causes of heel pain. The pain does subside after walking around, but it can come back with prolonged standing or when getting up after sitting for long periods.
- Simple foot ailments like stubbing our toe or cutting and scratching our feet can also be avoided by wearing slippers. Some researchers have even concluded that this is quite essential for those who have diabetes.
- Nowadays, a lot of slippers have detachable footbeds that serve as container for our custom orthotics or shoe inserts.
Note: What is Custom Orthotics?
Custom orthotics are customized corrective shoe inserts that provide the required support to the bones in our foot. To enhance our walk and manage discomfort, orthotics serves to correct or accommodate biomechanical irregularities, foot deformities (such as bunions, hammertoes, flatfoot, and high arches), and a range of joint and muscle disorders (such as arthritis). They do this by dispersing the stress and pressure that our movements impose on our muscles and joints. As a result, the rest of our body, including our feet, experiences less stress and discomfort.
- Additionally, stable slippers can aid with stability. People who walk abnormally use this to control the pain brought on by their movement. Because flat feet are more common in people who overpronate, arch support is even more crucial.
- Good slippers keep our feet warm which in turn, helps our body maintain healthy blood flow. Hence, allow for a robust immune system.
How is an acupressure slipper good for our body?
When we walk in acupressure slippers, they help us by reducing our body pain. This is especially true regarding the pain arising from the ankle, neck, migraine headache, lower back, and thighs, which can be greatly relieved by walking in these slippers every day. In short, here is how it benefits us:
It helps –
- relieve stress and anxiety
- improves sleep
- relaxes muscles and joints
- regulates digestive issues
- minimizes headaches and migraines
- reduces back pain and menstrual cramps
For how many minutes should we wear the orthopaedic slippers?
Ideally, wearing slippers for a minimum of 30 minutes each day is suitable.
What is the bottom line?
With such widespread benefits of using ortho slippers, we can experience a healthy walking experience with every step of ours. There are many good brands of ortho slippers in the market, one of which is Dr. Ortho Acupressure Slippers, which assist with better blood circulation, is better than PVC or plastic footwear, and is safe and healthy to use. Additionally, it also features skin-friendly, anti-sweat, and anti-slip properties that provide excellent durability, and that too at a pocket-friendly price. Whatever your pick is, make sure it makes your walking experience comfortable and healthy.