Joint stiffness is the medical term for the pain and constant discomfort in the joints. The pain and discomfort in joints can be due an injury or some disease like Arthritis. Inflammation and joint stiffness are the major symptoms indicating some problem in your joint area. Do you think joint stiffness is good? Joint stiffness is good in a way that it indicates that there is some underlying problem which is hurting your joints. Any joint stiffness sufferers out there? Who knows better than you all that ` Joint stiffness puts a halt on flexible mobility of body’.
Do you know how joint stiffness occurs?
- Joint swelling
- Redness of joint area
- Numbness of the joint
- Dreadful pain
So, how this joint cartilage breaks?
- Natural degeneration process (oldies need to worry 😐 )
Joint Stiffness Remedies
Stiff joints in hands? or stiff joints in the morning? or stiff joints after sitting?.….Not only this,some people complain of joint pain and stiffness all over the body. So how to manage joint stiffness?
10 Tips to overcome Joint Stiffness
- Take a warm shower in case of joint pain and stiffness all over the body. Warm shower gives a relief and comfort in case of dreadful joint stiffness and pain.
- Apply heat on the affected joint area by using hot water bottle. Heat relaxes muscles and increases circulation in the given joint area. So increase in circulation shows the exit door to joint stiffness. Hurray!!!
- Self massage with sesame oil or Ayurvedic oil containing herbal ingredients can be done.
- Acupressure for joints pain and stiffness can be religiously followed to heal naturally.
- A 30 minute morning walk should be started on regular basis followed by joint pain exercises and yoga.
- Avoid eating fried and inflammation causing foods .As joint inflammation eventually leads to joint stiffness.
- Drink lots of water. Water is excellent liquid for your joints.
- Take less stress. Taking stress can play havoc with your body including your joints.
- Take a good night sleep of around 7 to 8 hours. Sleep is a time when your body can repair worn out cartilage of joints and other tissues. So, Are you sleeping enough?
- Joint brace /guards can be used to eat chronic joint pain and stiffness.
Last but not the least, go to a doctor if your joint stiffness episode gets prolonged. Please do not ignore the minutest pain symptom if all it leads to joint stiffness and pain in the end. Joint stiffness is terrible. Follow these tips for joint pain stiffness. I am sure these will help you in one way or the other. Good luck Readers!!
Share your experiences of how you tackled your joint pain stiffness.
Looking forward to read your experiences!!
Also Read- Health Tips for joint pain.