Chondromalacia Patellae: Know How to Get Relief From It!
Chondromalacia Patellae – also known as “Runner’s knee”. It is a condition associated with knees, occurs when the cartilage on the surface of patella (kneecap) softens and deteriorates. Although this condition is common among, athletic individuals, it may also occur in older adults who have Arthritis of knee.
Chondromalacia patellae may also result due to deterioration of the patella caused by a severe injury. Women are more prone to developing runner’s knee as a comparison to men. Other factors that may increase the risk of this severe condition is having flat feet, intense physical activities and prior injury to the kneecap.
The major symptom of Chondromalacia Patellae is a pain in the knee area. Moreover, if the pain aggravates while walking, climbing, running, standing or sitting, it may be signs of this severe joint issue. Sports person may also suffer from the knee pain due to which it can be difficult to carry out day to day activities. To get rid of this problem applying a Joint Pain Relief Ointment or cover it with Crepe Bandage will be a perfect idea. But , besides this consulting a professional is also necessary for the right medication.
You can also use some of the following remedies to get relief from the pain of joints.
Take Enough Rest :
When you have knee pain due to chondromalacia patellae, it becomes highly important to give some rest to your knee. It is important for healing process. Applying effective Pain Reliever Gel can’t do anything until you take enough rest.
Rest will help reduce the pressure on your joint. Rest is also necessary as cartilage damage resulting in runner’s knee can often repair by itself. Besides this, without enough relaxation and recovery time, you only increase the risk of severe pain.
Therefore, for some time, you need to make sure that your inflamed knee is at proper rest. Avoiding sitting with your knees and standing for long periods of time.
If you are suffering from chondromalacia patellae, keep the affected knee elevated above your chest level. This will help improve circulation to the knee area which in turn reduces discomfort like swelling, pain and inflammation. Elevation also eases elimination of toxins from the painful areas. While sleeping or sitting, keep pillows under your leg to rest and elevate your knee.
Massage helps in relieving knee pain results due to chondromalacia patellae. Massage is also helpful to improve circulation and soothing inflammation. Regular massage with effective Pain Relief Oil can improve pain and stiffness in the knees.
Massage is also a good way to encourage drainage of excess fluid from the knee. Moreover, it also provides relief from Arthritis ( one of the major causes behind chondromalacia patellae).
- You need to take some oil like coconut, mustard, garlic or castor oil and heat it.
- Apply the oil on the knee.
- Using gentle pressure massage the knee for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Repeat the process several times a day.
Caution: If massage causes more pain, stop doing it and consult your doctor.
Turmeric is very effective for any kind of pain as it is enriched with anti-inflammatory properties. It has numerous health benefits also help in reducing pain and swelling in the affected knee area.
The compound Curcumin in turmeric helps improve blood flow in the affected area.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of turmeric powder and 4 teaspoons of olive oil to prepare a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on the painful knee.
- Cover it with the Best Crepe Bandage and leave it on for a couple of hours before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. For the better results, repeat the process 2 or 3 times a day.
- Alternatively, you can also mix two teaspoon of turmeric powder into a glass of nutritious warm milk.
- Drink it twice a day to reduce the pain and swelling.
Apple Cider Vinegar :
Apple cider vinegar is another good remedy that you should try at home to get relief from the pain. It helps in reducing swelling and pain by reducing toxins from the joints and connective tissues.
Additionally, its alkalizing effect is beneficial for the patients who suffer from Arthritis. This remedy can works as the best Joint Pain Relief Medicine for the Painful joints.
- First of all you need to soak a small towel in a mixture of warm water and unfiltered apple cider vinegar.
- After this, wring out the excess liquid and wrap the towel around the painful knee for 10 to 15 minutes.
- For the effective results, repeat the process 2 or 3 times a day.
- Alternatively, add two tablespoons of unfiltered and raw apple cider vinegar to a glass of lukewarm water. Add some honey to it and drink twice a day.
These are some home remedies that can effectively help in Chondromalacia patellae. You can opt them to make your life easy and get relief from painful joints. Besides this, you can also use Dr. Ortho pain reliever oil to massage the painful areas.
Dr. Ortho oil is the Best Ayurvedic muscle pain relief oil in India. You can use it daily for massage so that effective results can be found soon.
Besides this, if you find this article interesting, please like it, share it and leave a comment below for any query and suggestion.